|Dates||Start time||End time||Coordinator||registrations
CANCELLED (merged with workshop 2)
Group assignments: How to assess?
|13:00||15:00||Soeting, Jolanda||3 / 10||Registration ended at 10/09/2022|
10 November 2022
Group assignments: How to assess and design?
|13:00||15:00||Kroon, Hubertie||3 / 10||Registration ended at 16/10/2022|
30 January 2023 (cancelled)
Group assignments: How to use peer feedback in group assignments?
|13:00||15:00||Zijlmans, Annemarie||4 / 10||Registration ended at 14/12/2022|
28 February 2023 (cancelled)
Group assignments: How to use (new) didactic tools to stimulate learning?
|13:00||15:00||Kroon, Hubertie||3 / 10||Registration ended at 14/12/2022|
This workshop-series focusses on specific aspects of creating, using and assessing group assignments. As such it is complementary to courses like 'Supervising groupwork' and 'Assessment: Graded Assignments'.
The workshops each have a blended set-up, with online self-study materials/assignments, followed by a meeting where you can also exchange experience and best practices with colleagues. For each workshop you need ca. 2 hours preparation time plus 2 hours for the meeting.
After taking the total workshop series you are able to:
- create an aligned group assignment:
- that matches the intended learning outcomes of the course;
- with clearly defined (sub) learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the group assignment;
- with clearly defined teaching activities (instructions, guidance and feedback) and student activities (e.g. tasks, products, project, peer feedback);
- apply knowledge of group processes to make didactic decisions;
- use available digital tools to stimulate the learning process and/or organise the logistics.
The four workshops each dive into one or more of these aspects, as indicated by its title:
|Group assignments: How to assess & design?||10 November 2022||13.00h - 15.00h|
|Group assignments: How to use peer feedback in group assignments?||30 January 2023||13.00h - 15.00h|
|Group assignments: How to use (new) didactic tools to stimulate learning?||28 February 2023||13.00h - 15.00h|
You can take part in one or more workshops of your interest. The series of four workshops combined can also form an Elective course for the UTQ.