|Dates||Start time||End time||Coordinator||registrations
30 January 2024
Group assignments: How to design teaching and assessment?
|09:00||12:00||Soeting, Jolanda||1 / 24||Apply|
27 February 2024
Group assignments: How to use peer feedback?
|10:00||12:00||Zijlmans, Annemarie||1 / 16||Apply|
26 March 2024
Group assignments: How to use (new) didactic tools to stimulate learning?
|10:00||12:00||Kroon, Hubertie||1 / 24||Apply|
This workshop-series focusses on specific aspects of creating, using and assessing group assignments. As such it is complementary to courses like 'Supervising groupwork' and 'UTQ Assess'.
The workshops each have a blended set-up, with online self-study materials/assignments, followed by a meeting where you can also exchange experience and best practices with colleagues. For each workshop you need ca. 2 hours preparation time plus 2-3 hours for the meeting.
After taking the total workshop series you are able to:
- create an aligned group assignment:
- that matches the intended learning outcomes of the course;
- with clearly defined (sub) learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the group assignment;
- with clearly defined teaching activities (instructions, guidance and feedback) and student activities (e.g. tasks, products, project, peer feedback);
- apply knowledge of group processes to make didactic decisions;
- use available digital tools to stimulate the learning process and/or organise the logistics.
The three workshops each dive into one or more of these aspects, as indicated by its title:
|Group assignments: How to design teaching & assessment?|
|Group assignments: How to use peer feedback in group assignments?|
|Group assignments: How to use (new) didactic tools to stimulate learning?|
You can take part in one or more workshops of your interest. The series of four workshops combined can earn you a certificate.