|Dates||Start time||End time||Location||Coordinator||registrations
|23 September 2019 until 18 October 2019||Online||Mirck, Sanne||7 / 16||Registration ended at 17/09/2019|
This course is primarily meant for anyone who will be moderating an online course in a Distance Learning MSc programme. When you are interested in e-moderating in other contexts, please contact us.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
• Use different techniques of e-moderating;
• Communicate effectively online;
• Create a sense of presence in online teaching;
• Use time wisely while teaching an online course;
• Encourage interaction in discussion fora;
• Keep track of your participants;
• Recognise and help participants in need.
This course consists of four Learning Units, spread over 4 weeks:
• Basics of e-moderating
• Online Communication
• Manage your Online Class
• Challenges of e-moderating
The course will take 4 weeks to complete. You will need about 4-5 hours per week to complete the learning activities before the deadline at the end of each week. Discussion forums are open 24 hours per day during the course, so you can access these and the course materials anytime. There are no scheduled meetings, all communication will be online and asynchronous.
In order to receive a course certificate, you should complete all learning activities. This is an elective course for the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ or in Dutch: BKO).