|Dates||Start time||End time||Coordinator||registrations
|Thursday, 28 March 2024||13:00||16:00||Anke Swanenberg||2 / 25||Apply|
This workshop is designed to provide teachers with an understanding of assessment in real-life learning contexts and equip them with the necessary knowledge and skills to design and implement balanced assessment strategies. By finding a balance between individual and team assessment, as well as formative and summative evaluation, teachers will learn how to create assessments that capture both product and process learning.
The workshop will delve into various aspects of assessment design and implementation, including strategies for providing timely and constructive feedback, incorporating stakeholder involvement, and ensuring fairness, reliability, and validity. Participants will also discover innovative assessment techniques that engage stakeholders, peers, case-owners, and coaches, fostering a collaborative and interactive learning environment.
By the end of the workshop, participants will reflect on the content and its application to their personal teaching practices. They will develop action plans to implement balanced assessment strategies in their real-life learning courses, sharing insights, challenges, and best practices with their fellow educators. Join us in this workshop to enhance your understanding of assessment in real-life learning and gain the skills to design assessments and create a meaningful societal impact.
After this workshop the teachers are able to …
1. Explore ways to ensure fairness, reliability, and validity in real-life assessment practices;
2. Design assessments that capture individual and collaborative achievements;
3. Examine ways to provide constructive feedback to promote individual and team growth in real-life learning settings;
4. Understand the purpose, characteristics and benefits of formative and summative assessment in real-life learning;
5. Explore strategies for providing timely and meaningful feedback throughout the learning process;
6. Identify assessment methods that align with the objectives of real-life learning and are balanced between product-focused and process-focused evaluations;
7. Explore innovative assessment techniques that engage stakeholders, peers, case-owners, and coaches in the assessment process;
8. Discuss the importance of intermediate feedback from various stakeholders and strategies for involving them in the assessment process;
9. Develop an action plan for implementing balanced assessment in real-life learning courses.