|Dates||Start time||End time||Location||Coordinator||registrations|
|14, 15 and 16 Nov 2017||09:00||17:30||Wageningen, tba.||Torfs, Ellen||14 / 14||Registration ended at 31/10/2017|
This introductory course is replaced by the course "start to teach"
For course describtion and course dates: https://esd.crs.wur.nl/courses/details/266
PhD candidates interested in teaching and learning within university settings. It is recommended to have some experience in teaching before you take this course.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- describe basic principles of theories on teaching and learning
- apply theories on teaching and learning when preparing lessons (tutorial, lecture, practical class, etc)
- demonstrate basic teaching skills
- give feedback to students
- reflect on your own qualities, role and teaching style and improve your teaching performance
You will get to know several theories on teaching and learning. You will practice preparing and giving a lesson and will practice your teaching skills.
The course deals with the following subjects:
- Learning outcomes
- Alignment: matching learning activities to outcomes
- Learning process
- Designing learning activities using a lesson plan
- Activating and interacting with students
- Teacher roles and group processes
- Preparing (practice) lessons
- Giving and discussing practice lessons
- Observing and giving/receiving feedback
The course is three days. You will work on theoretical and practical assignments. During micro-teaching assignments you can practice and improve your teaching skills.
It is recommended, though not compulsory, to have some experience in teaching before you take this course.
You will get a proof of participation. The course is worth 1.0 ECTS.
Please note: this course is not part of and does not give any certification for the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ; in Dutch BKO).
Participation is free for Wageningen University PhD candidates.